Finding something to do in Rwanda is easy! It’s only the choice that’s difficult to make. From rare attractions and museums to sports and galleries, you can choose from taking a gorilla trek in Parc Nationale des Volcans (PNV) to just lolling on a beach with your family or an adventure safari through Akagera National Park. Just go and try it!!
Rwanda features a lot of tourist attractions, from World Heritage Sites to national parks, ruined palaces and cultural sites, to hands on museums.
Rwanda is truly a country with some thing for every one to enjoy. Here are a few of the many things to do in Rwanda.
- Visit Rwanda’s famous primates in nyungwe national park, akagera national park, and volcanoes national park including golden monkeys, chimpanzees, colobus monkeys and baboons to name a few.
- Track the world renowned mountain gorillas in volcanoes national park.,
- Join birding safari tour to experience the diversity of Rwanda’s birdlife and visit several of Rwanda’s (IBA’s) Important Birding Areas; Nyabalongo wetlands, Akagera National park, Nyungwe forest national park, Akanyaru wetlands, Rugezi marsh, volcanoes national park and Cyamundongo forest.
- Explore Nyungwe national Park’s amazing water falls or orchids and butterflies.
- Explore one of 52 surveyed caves in Rwanda. Formed from Cenozoic volcanic rocks.
- Visit Rwanda’s largest lake, Lake Kivu and its many islands and beach resort towns rubavu and Karongi.
- Go canoeing, kayaking and wind surfing on Lake Kivu.
- Go mountain climbing at volcanoes national park-don’t miss the 5th highest mountain in Africa- or mountain biking over Rwanda’s thousand hills.
- Enjoy a full tradition Rwandan experience including dancing, traditional crafts, archery, tradition healers, food and a taste of Rwanda’s local brew at Iby’Iwacu village in Musanze in Rwanda’s Northern Province.
- Enjoy fish dishes and a relaxing day at Lake Muhazi around 60km from Kigali.
- Tour Kigali on the Kigali city tour bus and learn all there is to know about Rwanda’s capital city.
- Go shopping for Rwandan crafts at one of the many local markets or cooperatives throughout the country.
- Travel back in time at the king’s place, Nyanza.
- Visit Rwanda’s genocide memorial sites; Kigali memorial site; murambi memorial site; Nyanza Kicukiro memorial site; and Ntarama Memorial site.